This advertisement from A.H.
Andrews Co. appeared in the
Iroquois Theater souvenir program distributed at the grand
opening of the
Iroquois Theater on November 23,
1903. Iroquois management produced the
program with a softcover for general distribution
and with a hardcover for VIP guests at the grand
opening. The program offered more than a cast
and scene list. It also provided a 33-page
history about drama and theaters in Chicago and details about
every aspect of the Iroquois structure.
It is likely Iroquois manager
Will J. Davis persuaded the Andrews Company to
discount the cost of the seating contract a bit in exchange for the
endorsment-type advertisement. In addition to
theater seating, Andrews produced classroom and
library furniture, as well as twisted wire furniture
for ice cream parlors. Alfred H. Andrews
founded the company in 1865.