Discrepancies and addendum
reported in William Sleck's testimony,
Cleveland city electrician attributed the fire there
to a faulty lamp.
the wrong name and employer has been attached to the
fellow who lived at 6711 Rhodes and testified about
the explosive sound the night of the Iroquois
Theater premier. The newspaper got it wrong
and that error was picked up and used in two books,
one in 1904 and another in modern times. The
incorrect name was reported as John Bickles and John
Nickels, supposedly an employee of George H. Fuller
Construction. The correct name was
John William Pickles and he was employed as a
stage hand at the Iroquois Theater.